June 27th is National Sunglasses Day!
To celebrate, we’re sharing some facts from The Vision Council on why sunglasses are an essential piece of gear for getting outside, and why Popticals will help you Pack Small and Live Big!
- Eyes can be sunburned. Without protection, your eyes can be sunburned after exposure to harmful UV rays, leading to long-term UV-related eye damage. In fact, 75% of Americans are concerned about UV eye exposure, yet only 31% wear sunglasses when they go outside.
- Even on cloudy days, UV rays can infiltrate the eye causing strain and potential long-term damage. Lenses with a lighter tint (like Popticals NYDEF™ brown lenses) offers the same UV protection with a higher light transfer than gray lenses for overcast conditions.
- Less squinting means less strain in the muscles around the eyes. Over time, eye strain from sunlight can cause fatigue and headaches.
- Sunglasses act like windshields for the eyes blocking wind, dust and debris from entering your eyes during outdoor activities.
- Sunglasses get scratched and broken. Popticals don’t because they stay safe in the case thanks to their patented compact design. Over 55% The FL2 Micro-Rail System allows the lenses to slide inward and “spoon” together for a small storage size.
- Portable, protective case means Popticals are safe from damage yet can easily be carried anywhere. Keep them in your pocket, clipped on your backpack, or tucked in your purse so you always have your sunglasses on hand.
- NYDEF nylon lenses are significantly clearer than polycarbonate lenses, rivaling glass. Clearer lenses mean better vision for doing everything you love to do outdoors. They’re also 20% lighter in weight and manufactured for Popticals by Carl Zeiss Vision.